What did I do to Deserve This?

Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Ore : 6:08 AM

Written in the hospital on March 21st
February 16th – a day which will certainly live in my history!

Before this day my soul was in its wandering period, I was asking myself how many actual friends do I really have, what have I achieved so far in my life, am I satisfied with the way I am, where exactly am I heading, etc…………………….all the usual questions of a woman just beginning her real life. My answer to all these questions was going on a traineeship to clear my head, define my options, and get a larger perspective on life. And I was all set to go at the beginning of next year…..

And then February 16th came……..and changed everything.Talking about getting a larger perpective on life
Not only do I feel more optimistic about all those great moments yet to come, but in the same time I feel so much richer with all the beautiful people in my life, people I didn’t take time to really notice and appreciate at their right value until now….

I’m not even sure how people found out about my accident, but not in a million years would I have expected so many friends to show up in my room with smiles and flowers and all the positivity in the world.

So naturally, I ask myself: What did I do to deserve this?
What did I do to deserve a person who loves me so much that puts his entire life on hold in order to spend night and day at the hospital, holding my hand, easing my pains and caressing me to sleep every time?
What did I do to have such a strong father who has done nothing but encourage me to be brave in the hardest moments?
What did I do to deserve such wonderful colleagues and a CEO busting his head and using his personal connections so that I get the best medical care possible and the best conditions a patient can hope for?
What did I do to deserve so many wonderful friends that came and visited me so many times in the hospital, friends who filled my soul with smiles and kisses, with flowers and fruit J, greeting cards and injured teddy bears, late night calls and messages, home made cooking and so much much more.

Tomorrow I am leaving the hospital after 5 weeks of lying in bed. There were 5 challenging weeks for my family and me but most of all there were 5 weeks of good friends, love and smiles and lots of spoiling for Rada.
Thank all you guys for making my life so wonderful in these moments.

posted by Rada babe at 6:08 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for What did I do to Deserve This?
About Me
Bloggy Friends